Since, for most people, the value of their home, represents their single – biggest, financial asset, wouldn’t it make sense, and be beneficial, when it comes time, to try to sell it, to hire a real estate agent, who understands the local market, and realistically, can evaluate, fair market value? For a variety of reasons, many homeowners have an unrealistic perspective of what the actual value of their house, and, when a house, is listed, at an unrealistically high price, rather than correctly, from the start, it generally, harms the end – results! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 reasons, real estate agents, must recognize properly, and consider, the fair market value, when they suggest pricing.
1. Manage expectations: Since the process of marketing, and selling a house, goes more smoothly, when agent and client, are on the same – page, and work, together, with true teamwork, it’s important for the agent to hire, to manage your expectations, realistically, by, telling you, what you need to know, not just what you want to hear (TM).
2. Initial listing price, in the correct range: Avoid the mistake, of, determining and setting the initial listing price, of your house, in an emotional, ill – informed, way, but, do so, based on a professionally prepared, Competitive Market Analysis, or CMA. This should direct you, to the best range, to list, your home.
3. Know advantages and disadvantages: The agent, you seek, must know, and understand, the local market, and how your property compares with others, listed, for sale, on the real estate market! It requires, knowing and better understanding, and clearly explaining to you, the comparable, strengths and weaknesses, compared with others. Take the time, and make the effort, to clearly, know, the advantages and disadvantages, which might make a difference.
4. Evaluate potential offers: Hire an agent, who is capable, of, objectively, evaluating potential offers, and suggesting, whether you might be better off, accepting or refusing one, and/ or, offering some counter – offer!
5. Close the right deals: There are smart, right deals, and, some, which may not be the right ones, for your specific home! The initial, Competitive Market Analysis, should help to guide you, so you might know, when, and where, any specific offer, may fall, within a specific range! Once, it makes sense, the effectiveness of your agent, must help, to close, the right deal!
Pay attention, and make the sale of your house, less stressful, and more beneficial! Will you be prepared, and hire the best agent, for your needs, and purposes?