Why do some homeowners, decide to try, to sell their house, on their own, while most, depend upon, and rely on, the services, advice, and expertise of a real estate professional? If you didn’t benefit, from using an AGENT, why would anyone, take that course? Those, who decide to pursue, the For Sale By Owner, or, what is, often, referred to, as the, FSBO, approach, generally, state, they believe, they could achieve the same results, and eliminate paying commissions/ fees, etc. On the other hand, statistics clearly indicate, in the vast number of instances, those, engaging agents, achieve better results, in terms of the size and number of offers, peace – of – mind, etc. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and what, one needs, and deserves from the agent, they hire.
1. Attitude; aptitude; attention; action; analysis: Seek representation from an individual, with a real, positive, can – do, attitude, combined with an aptitude, and skill – set, which will best serve your interests, etc! This person must pay keen attention to your needs, and best – interests, and take actions, which best serve, and represent you! Homeowners should benefit, from the professional analysis, and guidance, offered, and provided!
2. Goodwill; guidance: Wouldn’t this often – stressful period, become easier, if you were offered professional guidance, and generate true goodwill? If these are provided, your agent may prove, whatever commission paid, is well, worth – it!
3. Empathy; emphasis; efforts; excellence; endurance: You need someone who effectively listens to you, and, is willing to proceed, with the utmost degree of genuine empathy! This must direct, where he places his emphasis, and efforts, on your behalf! Hire someone who will always demand his utmost degree of personal excellence, and never settle for good – enough! Since there are often, obstacles, stresses, and strains, during this period, you need someone with the endurance, experience, and expertise, as well as self – confidence, to hold – your – hand, and comfort you, throughout!
4. Needs; nuances; neighborhood; niche: Agents must know and understand your region, area, block and neighborhood! How they address your needs, requires using whatever, nuances, help, you get greater results! They must, honestly, understand, and address the niche market, for your property!
5. Timely; time – tested; trust/ truth: If you can’t trust someone, he probably isn’t the best agent, for you! This means, telling the truth, consistently, and using his experience, and expertise, with time – tested, techniques, etc. Never procrastinate, but, rather, respond promptly, and in a timely, well – considered manner, regarding every, and all, relevant inquiries, etc.
Know what you real estate AGENT should provide, and hire one, which serves your needs. Since, for most, the value of their house, represents their single – biggest, financial asset, doesn’t this make sense?